Welcome to the IMPI Certified Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant™ Training Program
Introducing a Holistic Approach to Sleep that Begins Before Baby is Born
Typically, child sleep consultants are known to work with parents during postpartum to provide “sleep training,” tools, resources, and education in order to get their child to sleep. Sleep Training is most commonly introduced when an infant reaches four months of age or shortly thereafter. At IMPI, we consider sleep training a possible solution but have found, in many cases, it may not even be necessary if the right components have been established.
Planning, preparation, and education are essential to supporting a family’s sleep needs and goals. A child sleep consultant can play a viable and empowering role when working with families before the baby is born. At IMPI, we take preventative measures to address sleep challenges early on during pregnancy rather than waiting for extremely sleep deprived and exhausted families to seek the aid of a sleep consultant postpartum at four months, six months, or longer. We train our consultants to address key root issues while establishing healthy sleep foundations that may be contributing to sleep disruption rather than jumping too quickly to implement a specific sleep training system that may not be necessary.
Our Maternity & Child Sleep Program is an online program combining self-paced and online instruction consisting of four main parts required to obtain certification:
Part One is a self-paced online course introducing you to your role as a coach in your sleep consulting work.
Part Two is a combination of a self-paced online course with live monthly support calls introducing you to all components involved in sleep.
Part Three is to complete the Happiest Baby on the Block Educator certification. If you already are a Happiest Baby on the Block Educator, all you will need to do is just provide a copy of your certification.
Part Four is a live online four month program (offered two-three times a year) where participants will explore more complex cases utilizing the knowledge and skills gained in parts one, two and three of our program.
Begin at anytime with our online self-directed/self-paced course and/or Happiest Baby on The Block Educator Course followed by our online live six month case study program offered twice per year.
Graduates from the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant Certification program are trained:
- With an integrative holistic and healthy approach to sleep using healthy sleep foundations.
- To be a part of the first child sleep consulting organization to pioneer and include emotional wellbeing, holistic nutrition, green awareness, maternity and newborn sleep into child sleep consulting.
- To understand the most widely recognized international adult and child sleep training methods, approaches and practices. Please note, IMPI does not train you in these methods; to train in them requires you to study with the creator of that specific program. For example, if you want to train to be a Gentle Sleep Coach, you would study with Kim West. Our program provides you the resources and tools to understand the various methodologies and when to apply them, if and when it may be necessary.
- In the science of sleep for adults, infant and children.
- In family dynamics, temperaments, sleep environments, sleep/wake-time windows, sleep associations/crutches, and developmental milestones.
- To offer an objective approach with families in order to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their clients’ needs, lifestyle, and values.
- To support, educate and prepare families during pregnancy about newborn and child sleep.
- To educate and raise awareness about health, fitness and nutrition for mother (pre/postnatal) in relation to sleep.
- To support parents postpartum with their sleep issues during their time of transition.
- With an understanding of sleep challenges and solutions, lactation, special needs, overnight work, and nutrition.
- With an in-depth look at sleep products and safety.
- With an in-depth look at green and eco-friendly sleep practices.
- With a comprehension of a Sleep Consultant’s scope of practice, boundaries to practice, and when to refer out.
- To be aware of issues that involve medical attention, such as abuse, trauma and postpartum depression, in order to provide the client the proper guidance and referral.
The IMPI Maternity & Sleep Consultant Certification Curriculum also includes:
- Continuing education.
- A basic guide on how to start or manage your Sleep Consultant Business with an optional add on extended course if needed.
- Support for sleep consultants that want to work overnight shifts and/or hourly consultations.
- A specialized sleep advisory board and experienced sleep experts, welcomed as guest speakers throughout the course.
- Live interaction with the instructors on a weekly basis.
- Unlimited email and phone accessibility to instructors.
- A multi-cultural international classroom.
- Continuous support during and after the course with monthly on-line calls.
- An invitation to apply for membership to Association of Professional Sleep Consultants (APSC).
- Additionally, graduates of our program are eligible to apply to be a board certified practitioner through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, an established accrediting organization since 1990.
- What is a coach?
- The difference between a coach and consultant
- What a coach is and is not
- Client/Coach Relationship
- The Coaching Contract
- The Six Stages of Readiness for Change and How to Work with each stage
- Client Assessment/Questionnaire
- Fundamental Coaching Skills
- Goal Setting/Motivators
- Working with Client’s Learning Style
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Time Management
Part II of our Certification Course Curriculum includes, but is not limited to:
The role of a Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant and the opportunities available
- A basic review of all the sleep consultant methods and controversies in the maternity industry
- Basic maternity & child sleep issues and solutions
- The Business Basics Of Sleep: what is involved and what you need to get started
The Science of Sleep: stages
Sleep for mom during pregnancy
Sleep for parents postpartum
Sleep for baby
Understanding the language of crying
Understanding the most popular and common approaches/methods
Sleeping challenges and solutions for parents and babies
Common sleep disruptors and challenges
Secure attachment theory
Client intake form and initial consult
- Developed by Harvey Karp, America’s most-read pediatrician, creator of the landmark parenting DVD/book, The Happiest Baby on the Block.
- An innovative approach which teaches that babies need an extra 4th trimester of frequent holding, rocking, feeding, etc.
- Based on a previously unrecognized suite of neonatal behaviors – the calming reflex – that can quickly calm crying and boost sleep at least 1 hour.
- The calming reflex is triggered by 5 steps – 5 S’s – that mimic the womb. The 5 S’s are: swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging, & sucking.
- National educator training program with over 2,700 professionals teaching Happiest Baby techniques in hospitals, clinics, home visiting programs, and military bases.
- These techniques are used to empower parents, increase bonding and reduce abuse, postpartum depression, unsafe sleep practices, breastfeeding failure, and others.
- Analyze advanced and challenging case scenarios and present to the class their findings and recommendations.
- Work on public speaking opportunities: developing templates for their presentations, sourcing avenues for delivering their seminars and presentations.
- Refine and optimize client in-take techniques, forms and protocol.
- Scenarios will reach beyond the circumstances of subject’s sleep challenges, incorporating a range of nuances including family dynamics, parenting styles and philosophies, child temperament, special needs, multiples, and other issues that add to the complexity in resolving a case.
- Guest speakers will also be invited periodically to address specific case-related topics, issues and challenges, offering additional guidance, education and support to course participants.
Part One Self-Directed
To Register for Part I Click Here
Part Two Self-Directed
To Register for Part II Click Here
Part Three Happiest Baby
To Register for Part III, click on the following link:
$2000 Four monthly payments of $299.99
To Register for Part IV Click Here
For any additional inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
BELOW ARE ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SPECIALTY SLEEP PROGRAMS
***PLEASE NOTE: the programs below are not necessary to complete the sleep certification program outlined above.
Sleep Consultant Business 4 week workshop (optional)
Begin this course at any time
During this 4 week online course you will learn to:
- Create and launch your Family Sleep Consultant Business
- Develop a business plan
- Develop branding
- Conquer time management
- Set sales and price points
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy
- Research insurance
- Develop web design and logo
- Create contracts and liability forms
For inquiries or to enroll please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org