Welcome to the 2015-2016 IMPI Certified Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant™ Training Program
Introducing a Holistic Approach to Sleep that Begins Before Baby is Born
The International Maternity and Parenting Institute (IMPI) is pleased to announce the expansion of our Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification program. At IMPI, our focus is on the holistic approach to establishing healthy sleep habits for families. Child sleep is a family sleep issue. By examining the entire context for sleep – the physical, emotional, social, developmental and environmental factors – we teach sleep consultants how to begin working with sleep during pregnancy, during infancy and beyond. Consultants assess the family, not just the child sleep problem, and make adjustments to sleep that are responsive to the family’s needs.
Unique Holistic Approach to Sleep Consulting: Introducing “Holistic Science of Sleep Method™”
Our Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification is unique because we focus significant attention on understanding the role of a Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant, including counseling families and assessing their readiness for change, the breastfeeding relationship, the role of sleep in pregnancy, the role of relationships, self-care, safety, neuroscience, social and cultural factors that affect sleep, and the importance of mental, physical, spiritual and emotional well-being in sleep consulting practices. Our consultants will understand a diversity of parenting philosophies, consider what underlies children’s behaviors temperaments in the context of sleep to discover the root of the sleep challenge, respond to a range of family sleep goals, and identify and discuss factors that may impact healthy sleep habits. Our program specifically focuses on scientifically based research on sleep, neuroscience, emotional intelligence, health-wellness and holistic approaches, and leverages the experience of our instructors to help consultants understand how to integrate research into practice. We start with understanding the scientific foundations of sleep and how it works, the holistic context for sleep and working with families, and work with our consultants to understand the interplay between the science of sleep, the behavior of sleep, and the emotional well-being component of sleep.
Prioritize Family Goals in Establishing Healthy Sleep Foundations
The IMPI does not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to sleep consulting. We consider sleep training one possible solution, but have found, in many cases, that it may not even be necessary if the right foundations have been established first. While our consultants are well versed on a variety of behavioral methods and understand how to select or combine different behavioral approaches to address the underlying needs of the family, we train our consultants to address key issues by establishing healthy sleep foundations that may be contributing to sleep disruption rather than jumping too quickly to implement a specific behavioral approach. Most of all, we have learned that by emphasizing the foundations for healthy sleep, we address the sleep needs for the family with a minimum of frustration for both parents and children.
Healthy Sleep Begins During Pregnancy
Planning, preparation, and education are essential to supporting a family’s sleep needs and goals. A child sleep consultant can play a viable and empowering role when working with families before the baby is born. At IMPI, we take preventive measures to address sleep challenges early on during pregnancy rather than waiting for extremely sleep deprived and exhausted families to seek the aid of a sleep consultant postpartum at four months, six months, or later.
Our Maternity and Child Sleep Program is an online program combining self-paced modules and live classes. There are three main components required to obtain certification:
Component One is a combination self-paced online and live course introducing you to your role as a coach and all aspects of sleep in your sleep consulting work. There are online course modules that may be completed at your convenience, and weekly course modules timed with live weekly support and discussion calls. The timed course modules and live weekly calls are initiated three times each year. Upon completion of Component, all students receive a Certificate of Training Completion, and are considered graduates of the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant Program. Students may obtain their full certification upon completion of Components Two and Three.
You can begin this course at any time.
$2500 $1550. To register, Click Here.
Component Two is a live online four month program (offered two-three times a year) where participants will explore more complex cases utilizing the knowledge and skills gained in parts one, two and three of our program.
$2000 Four monthly payments of $299.99. To register, Click Here. Begins Tuesday, August 30 2016 at 11:30 am Pacific Time.
Add On Requirement is the Happiest Baby on the Block Educator certification. If you already are a Happiest Baby on the Block Educator, all you will need to do is just provide a copy of your certification. This add on requirement may be completed any time during or after Components One and Two.
$245 $195. To register, click on the following link: THBME_ 2016 International Maternity Institute>THBE Order form – International Maternity and Parenting Institute™
Begin at anytime with our online self-directed/self-paced course and/or Happiest Baby on The Block Educator Course.
Graduates from the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant Certification program are trained:
- Holistic Science of Sleep Method™
- With an integrative holistic and healthy approach to sleep using healthy sleep foundations.
- To be a part of the first child sleep consulting organization to pioneer and include emotional well-being, holistic nutrition, green awareness, breastfeeding and maternity and newborn sleep into child sleep consulting.
- To understand the most widely recognized international adult and child sleep training methods, approaches and practices. Our program provides you the resources and tools to understand the various methodologies and when to apply them, if and when it may be necessary.
- In the science of sleep for adults, infant and children.
- In family dynamics, temperaments, sleep environments, sleep/wake-time windows, sleep associations/crutches, and developmental milestones.
- To offer an objective approach with families in order to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their clients’ needs, lifestyle, and values.
- To support, educate and prepare families during pregnancy about newborn and child sleep.
- To educate and raise awareness about health, fitness and nutrition for mother (pre/postnatal) in relation to sleep.
- To support parents postpartum with their sleep issues during their time of transition.
- With an understanding of sleep challenges and solutions, lactation, special needs, overnight work, and nutrition.
- With an in-depth look at sleep products and safety.
- With an in-depth look at green and eco-friendly sleep practices.
- With a comprehension of a Sleep Consultant’s scope of practice, boundaries to practice, and when to refer out.
- To be aware of issues that involve medical attention, such as abuse, trauma and postpartum depression, in order to provide the client the proper guidance and referral.
The IMPI Maternity & Sleep Consultant Certification Curriculum also includes:
- Continuing education.
- A basic guide on how to start or manage your Sleep Consultant Business with an optional add on extended course if needed.
- Support for sleep consultants that want to work overnight shifts and/or hourly consultations.
- A specialized sleep advisory board and experienced sleep experts, welcomed as guest speakers throughout the course.
- Live interaction with the instructors on a weekly basis.
- Weekly email and one hour phone accessibility to instructors during our weekly online support group offered nine months each year.
- A multi-cultural international classroom.
- Continuous support during and after the course with monthly on-line calls.
- An invitation to apply for membership to Association of Professional Sleep Consultants (APSC).
- Additionally, graduates of our program are eligible to apply to be a board certified practitioner through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, an established accrediting organization since 1990.
Component One of our Certification Program is the Certification Course Curriculum and an Overview to Coaching:
- What is a coach?
- The difference between a coach and consultant
- What a coach is and is not
- Client/Coach Relationship
- The Coaching Contract
- The Six Stages of Readiness for Change and How to Work with each stage
- Client Assessment/Questionnaire
- Fundamental Coaching Skills
- Goal Setting/Motivators
- Working with Client’s Learning Style
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Time Management
- The role of a Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant and the opportunities available
- A basic review of all the sleep consultant methods and controversies in the maternity industry
- Basic maternity & child sleep issues and solutions
- The Business Basics Of Sleep: what is involved and what you need to get started
- The Science of Sleep: stages
- Sleep for mom during pregnancy
- Sleep for parents postpartum
- Sleep for baby
- Understanding the language of crying
- Emotional Well-Being
- Health Science
- Understanding the most popular and common approaches/methods
- Sleeping challenges and solutions for parents and babies
- Sleep environments
- Common sleep disruptors and challenges
Secure attachment theory
Client intake form and initial consult
Component Two of our Certification Program participants will learn to:
- Analyze advanced and challenging case scenarios and present to the class their findings and recommendations.
- Work on public speaking opportunities: developing templates for their presentations, sourcing avenues for delivering their seminars and presentations.
- Refine and optimize client in-take techniques, forms and protocol.
- Scenarios will reach beyond the circumstances of subject’s sleep challenges, incorporating a range of nuances including family dynamics, parenting styles and philosophies, child temperament, special needs, multiples, and other issues that add to the complexity in resolving a case.
- Guest speakers will also be invited periodically to address specific case-related topics, issues and challenges, offering additional guidance, education and support to course participants.
Add On Requirement: Happiest Baby on the Block Educator
- Developed by Harvey Karp, America’s most-read pediatrician, creator of the landmark parenting DVD/book, The Happiest Baby on the Block.
- An innovative approach which teaches that babies need an extra 4th trimester of frequent holding, rocking, feeding, etc.
- Based on a previously unrecognized suite of neonatal behaviors – the calming reflex – that can quickly calm crying and boost sleep at least 1 hour.
- The calming reflex is triggered by 5 steps – 5 S’s – that mimic the womb. The 5 S’s are: swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging, & sucking.
- National educator training program with over 2,700 professionals teaching Happiest Baby techniques in hospitals, clinics, home visiting programs, and military bases.
- These techniques are used to empower parents, increase bonding and reduce abuse, postpartum depression, unsafe sleep practices, breastfeeding failure, and others.
Component One Sleep Consultant Curriculum, Combination Self-Directed & Live
To Register for Component One Click Here
$2000 Four monthly payments of $299.99
To Register for Component Two Click Here
Additional Add On Requirement Happiest Baby
To Register for Component This Add On Requirement, click on the following link:
For any additional inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BELOW ARE ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SPECIALTY SLEEP PROGRAMS
***PLEASE NOTE: the programs below are not necessary to complete the sleep certification program outlined above.
Adult & Child Sleep Alternative Tools Program
This specialty six week training program compliments and expands the work of Child Sleep Consultants, Nurses, Nannies, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Newborn Care Specialists and Birth professionals.
The International Maternity and Parenting Institute™ (IMPI), a leading maternity educational organization, becomes the first accredited organization to offer an online sleep program providing alternative tools for adult and child sleep.
Participants are trained in:
- Birth Psychology
- Pranayama Techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Reshaping Habits & Beliefs
Self-Directed Online Class. Begin at anytime.
Click here to register
Integrative Adult Sleep Coach
Sleep is increasingly recognized as important to public health, with sleep insufficiency linked and contributing to health issues, hazardous outcomes and a great challenge for expecting and new families. According to the CDC, An estimated 50-70 million US adults have sleep or wakefulness disorder.
Our Integrative Adult Sleep Coach online certification program consists of ten modules and compliments and expands the work of Child Sleep Consultants, Nurses, Nannies, Naturopaths, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Newborn Care Specialists, Birth and Postpartum professionals. Our course was created and designed to prepare professionals to work with, address, and resolve a variety of adult sleep issues ranging from insomnia to anxiety to chronic pain.
The International Maternity and Parenting Institute™ (IMPI), a leading maternity educational organization, becomes the first accredited organization to offer an online sleep program providing integrative tools and solutions for adult and child sleep.
Our curriculum includes:
- Top Three Keys for Adult Sleep Coaching Success
- Adult Sleep Science
- Adult Sleep Challenges Causes & Effects
- Sleep Solutions for Common Adult Sleep Issues: Insomnia, Circadian Rhythm Disorder, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue, Restless Leg, Breathing Disorder and much more.
- How to Work with Adult Sleep Medical Issues
- Sleep Evaluations/Assessments
- Adult Sleep Foundations
- The Adult Sleep Plan that will work for most cases
- Neuroscience and Neurophysiology of sleep
- Sleep Psychology
- Sleep Nutrition
- Integrative Techniques
- Stable and unstable sleep: Cardio-pulmonary coupling
- Heirloom sleep (Sleep in pre-industrial societies)
- Sleep-dependent learning and memory consolidation
- Functional integration and sleep
- How to Coach, Present Classes and Group Workshops
Participants are also trained in:
- Pranayama (Breathing) Techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Reshaping Habits & Beliefs
Ten Weekly Online Classes begins Wednesday February 11th 2016 at 12pm pacific time
Investment: $695 (*IMPI students and graduates receive a $100 discount. Please email us to apply it)
Click here to register
Sleep Consultant Business 4 week workshop
Begin this course at any time
Tuition Investment: $325 Special Discount $199
- Create and launch your Family Sleep Consultant Business
- Develop a business plan
- Develop branding
- Conquer time management
- Set sales and price points
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy
- Research insurance
- Develop web design and logo
- Create contracts and liability forms
For inquiries please contact us at email@example.com