Welcome to the IMPI Certified Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant™ Training Program
Introducing a Holistic Approach to Sleep that Begins Before Baby is Born
The International Maternity and Parenting Institute (IMPI) is pleased to announce the expansion of our Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification program. At IMPI, our focus is on the holistic approach to establishing healthy sleep habits for families. By examining the entire context for sleep – the physical, emotional, social, developmental and environmental factors – we teach sleep consultants how to assess the family, not just the sleep problem, and make adjustments to sleep that are responsive to the family’s needs.
Unique Holistic Approach to Sleep Consulting
Our Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification is unique because we focus significant attention on understanding the role of a Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant, including counseling families and assessing their readiness for change, the breastfeeding relationship, the role of sleep in pregnancy, and the importance of emotional well-being in sleep consulting practices. Our consultants will understand a diversity of parenting philosophies, consider children’s temperaments in the context of sleep, respond to a range of family sleep goals, and identify and discuss factors that may impact healthy sleep habits. Our program specifically focuses on scientifically based research on sleep, neuroscience and behavioral approaches, and leverages the experience of our instructors to help consultants understand how to integrate research into practice. We start with understanding the scientific foundations of sleep and how it works, the holistic context for sleep and working with families, and work with our consultants to understand the interplay between the science of sleep, the behavior of sleep, and the emotional well-being component of sleep.
Prioritize Family Goals in Establishing Healthy Sleep Foundations
The IMPI does not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to sleep consulting. We consider sleep training one possible solution, but have found, in many cases, that it may not even be necessary if the right foundations have been established first. While our consultants are well versed on a variety of behavioral methods and understand how to select or combine different behavioral approaches to address the underlying needs of the family, we train our consultants to address key issues by establishing healthy sleep foundations that may be contributing to sleep disruption rather than jumping too quickly to implement a specific behavioral approach. Most of all, we have learned that by emphasizing the foundations for healthy sleep, we address the sleep needs for the family with a minimum of frustration for both parents and children.
Healthy Sleep Begins During Pregnancy
Planning, preparation, and education are essential to supporting a family’s sleep needs and goals. A child sleep consultant can play a viable and empowering role when working with families before the baby is born. At IMPI, we take preventive measures to address sleep challenges early on during pregnancy rather than waiting for extremely sleep deprived and exhausted families to seek the aid of a sleep consultant postpartum at four months, six months, or later.
Our Maternity and Child Sleep Program is an online program combining self-paced modules and live classes. There are three main components required to obtain certification:
Component One is a combination self-paced online and live course introducing you to your role as a coach and all aspects of sleep in your sleep consulting work. There are online course modules that may be completed at your convenience, and weekly course modules timed with live weekly support and discussion calls. The timed course modules and live weekly calls are initiated three times each year. Upon completion of Component, all students receive a Certificate of Training Completion, and are considered graduates of the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant Program. Students may obtain their full certification upon completion of Components Two and Three.
$2500 $1550. To register, Click Here. Live support calls and modules begin Monday, October 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time.
Component Two is the Happiest Baby on the Block Educator certification. If you already are a Happiest Baby on the Block Educator, all you will need to do is just provide a copy of your certification.
$245 $195. To register, click on the following link: THBE Order form 2014 – International Maternity and Parenting Institute™
Component Three is a live online four month program (offered two-three times a year) where participants will explore more complex cases utilizing the knowledge and skills gained in parts one, two and three of our program.
$2000 Four monthly payments of $299.99. To register, Click Here. Begins Monday, September 29, 2014 at 11:00 am Pacific Time.
Begin at anytime with our online self-directed/self-paced course and/or Happiest Baby on The Block Educator Course.
Graduates from the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant Certification program are trained:
- With an integrative holistic and healthy approach to sleep using healthy sleep foundations.
- To be a part of the first child sleep consulting organization to pioneer and include emotional well-being, holistic nutrition, green awareness, breastfeeding and maternity and newborn sleep into child sleep consulting.
- To understand the most widely recognized international adult and child sleep training methods, approaches and practices. Our program provides you the resources and tools to understand the various methodologies and when to apply them, if and when it may be necessary.
- In the science of sleep for adults, infant and children.
- In family dynamics, temperaments, sleep environments, sleep/wake-time windows, sleep associations/crutches, and developmental milestones.
- To offer an objective approach with families in order to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their clients’ needs, lifestyle, and values.
- To support, educate and prepare families during pregnancy about newborn and child sleep.
- To educate and raise awareness about health, fitness and nutrition for mother (pre/postnatal) in relation to sleep.
- To support parents postpartum with their sleep issues during their time of transition.
- With an understanding of sleep challenges and solutions, lactation, special needs, overnight work, and nutrition.
- With an in-depth look at sleep products and safety.
- With an in-depth look at green and eco-friendly sleep practices.
- With a comprehension of a Sleep Consultant’s scope of practice, boundaries to practice, and when to refer out.
- To be aware of issues that involve medical attention, such as abuse, trauma and postpartum depression, in order to provide the client the proper guidance and referral.
The IMPI Maternity & Sleep Consultant Certification Curriculum also includes:
- Continuing education.
- A basic guide on how to start or manage your Sleep Consultant Business with an optional add on extended course if needed.
- Support for sleep consultants that want to work overnight shifts and/or hourly consultations.
- A specialized sleep advisory board and experienced sleep experts, welcomed as guest speakers throughout the course.
- Live interaction with the instructors on a weekly basis.
- Unlimited email and phone accessibility to instructors.
- A multi-cultural international classroom.
- Continuous support during and after the course with monthly on-line calls.
- An invitation to apply for membership to Association of Professional Sleep Consultants (APSC).
- Additionally, graduates of our program are eligible to apply to be a board certified practitioner through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, an established accrediting organization since 1990.
Component One of our Certification Program is the Certification Course Curriculum and an Overview to Coaching:
- What is a coach?
- The difference between a coach and consultant
- What a coach is and is not
- Client/Coach Relationship
- The Coaching Contract
- The Six Stages of Readiness for Change and How to Work with each stage
- Client Assessment/Questionnaire
- Fundamental Coaching Skills
- Goal Setting/Motivators
- Working with Client’s Learning Style
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Time Management
- The role of a Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant and the opportunities available
- A basic review of all the sleep consultant methods and controversies in the maternity industry
- Basic maternity & child sleep issues and solutions
- The Business Basics Of Sleep: what is involved and what you need to get started
- The Science of Sleep: stages
- Sleep for mom during pregnancy
- Sleep for parents postpartum
- Sleep for baby
- Understanding the language of crying
- Understanding the most popular and common approaches/methods
- Sleeping challenges and solutions for parents and babies
- Sleep environments
- Common sleep disruptors and challenges
Secure attachment theory
Client intake form and initial consult
Component Two of our Certification Program: Happiest Baby on the Block Educator
- Developed by Harvey Karp, America’s most-read pediatrician, creator of the landmark parenting DVD/book, The Happiest Baby on the Block.
- An innovative approach which teaches that babies need an extra 4th trimester of frequent holding, rocking, feeding, etc.
- Based on a previously unrecognized suite of neonatal behaviors – the calming reflex – that can quickly calm crying and boost sleep at least 1 hour.
- The calming reflex is triggered by 5 steps – 5 S’s – that mimic the womb. The 5 S’s are: swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging, & sucking.
- National educator training program with over 2,700 professionals teaching Happiest Baby techniques in hospitals, clinics, home visiting programs, and military bases.
- These techniques are used to empower parents, increase bonding and reduce abuse, postpartum depression, unsafe sleep practices, breastfeeding failure, and others.
Component Three of our Certification Program participants will learn to:
- Analyze advanced and challenging case scenarios and present to the class their findings and recommendations.
- Work on public speaking opportunities: developing templates for their presentations, sourcing avenues for delivering their seminars and presentations.
- Refine and optimize client in-take techniques, forms and protocol.
- Scenarios will reach beyond the circumstances of subject’s sleep challenges, incorporating a range of nuances including family dynamics, parenting styles and philosophies, child temperament, special needs, multiples, and other issues that add to the complexity in resolving a case.
- Guest speakers will also be invited periodically to address specific case-related topics, issues and challenges, offering additional guidance, education and support to course participants.
Component One Sleep Consultant Curriculum, Combination Self-Directed & Live
To Register for Component One Click Here
Component One live support begins Monday, October 20th at 12pm eastern time
Component Two Happiest Baby
To Register for Component Two, click on the following link:
$2000 Four monthly payments of $299.99
To Register for Component Three Click Here
Component Three begins Monday September 29th at 11am pacific time
For any additional inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
BELOW ARE ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SPECIALTY SLEEP PROGRAMS
***PLEASE NOTE: the programs below are not necessary to complete the sleep certification program outlined above.
Sleep Consultant Business 4 week workshop (optional)
Begin this course at any time
During this 4 week online course you will learn to:
- Create and launch your Family Sleep Consultant Business
- Develop a business plan
- Develop branding
- Conquer time management
- Set sales and price points
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy
- Research insurance
- Develop web design and logo
- Create contracts and liability forms
For inquiries or to enroll please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org