Maternity Institute takes Infant-Family Sleep Consulting to the Next Level
Introduces Maternity Sleep Consultant ™
The International Maternity Institute (IMI), a leading maternity educational organization, becomes the first accredited organization to offer an online sleep certification for prenatal and postpartum. Strong industry and client demand necessitated the establishment of a course that would extend sleep consulting to include the pre-natal period to support mothers who experience sleep issues during pregnancy. Sleep problems during pregnancy are on the rise and have become very commonplace and thus a clear need and demand has arisen to offer a certification covering the period before and after birth.
Typically infant/family sleep consultants are known to work with parents during postpartum to provide training, tools, resources, and education in order to get their child to sleep. Sleep Training is most commonly introduced when an infant reaches four months of age or shortly thereafter. Occasionally families begin introducing sleep training earlier on, however very little training exists anywhere to certify or educate consultants and maternity practitioners during pregnancy.
“Planning, preparation, and education are essential to supporting a family’s needs and goals. A sleep consultant can play such a viable and empowering role when working with families before the baby is born. During pregnancy about eighty percent of women experience sleep issues, and to have a sleep consultant’s support during this time may be worth it.” says IMI’s founder, and Sleep Consultant Certification co-instructor, Mary Oscategui.
The IMI Sleep Consultant Certification is currently represented in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. The IMI sleep program is offered online with live instruction and covers all aspects of professional sleep consulting during pre and post-partum including: real-life case studies for evaluation, all sleep approaches and methodologies, liability, safety, and continuing education.
Graduates from the IMI Sleep Consultant Certification program are trained:
- to offer an objective approach with families in order to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their client’s needs, lifestyle, and values
- to support the mother during pregnancy with her sleep
- to educate and raise awareness about health, fitness and nutrition for mother (pre/postnatal) in relation to sleep
- to support parents postpartum with their sleep issues during their time of transition
- to understand the most widely recognized international sleep training methods and practices
- with an in-depth look at sleep products and safety
- with an in-depth look at green and eco-friendly practices
- with a comprehension of their scope of practice, boundaries to practice, and when to refer out.
- to be aware of issues that involve medical attention, abuse, trauma, post-partum depression in order to provide their client’s the proper guidance and referral.
The IMI Sleep Consultant Certification Curriculum also includes:
- a step by step guide on how to start or manage your Sleep Consultant Business (optional add on course)
- support for sleep consultants that wants to work overnight shifts and/or hourly consultations
- includes a specialized sleep advisory board and experienced sleep experts, welcomed as guest speakers throughout the course.
- A comprehensive online distance learning course co-taught by Mary Oscategui and Emily Schaffer. Mary and Emily bring 34 years of combined experience to provide you with the finest, most comprehensive and cutting edge program in the industry.
- live interaction with the instructors on a weekly basis
- unlimited email and phone accessibility to instructors
- a multi-cultural international classroom
- continuous support during and after the course with monthly on-line calls
- a membership to Association of Professional Sleep Consultants (APSC), an organization co-founded my Mary Oscategui (founder of the IMI) and Elizabeth Wasserman (founder of Sleep Parenting Solutions)